I am incredibly grateful that we haven’t had to buy any baby clothes or furniture because our friends and family have been so incredibly generous to us, but holy shit. Our tiny apartment can’t hold any more. We have two large wood convertible cribs, a wood cradle, a bassinet, a moses basket, a co-sleeper, 3 vibrating bouncers and 2 swings. WE’RE ONLY HAVING ONE BABY.
Last night I had a dream that my baby was here. I didn’t give birth or anything, he just kinda showed up. Then whenever I’d ask someone when I had given birth, no one could give me an answer. So, not sure what that’s supposed to mean.
- The US Government: We're not going to make it federally mandatory for people to get paid a wage they can actually live off of
- The US Government: If people want to make a living, they'll just have to work 16+ hours a day
- The US Government: And if their kids end up disenfranchised because of a lack of parental involvement, well that's not our problem
- The US Government: In fact, what is our problem is creating a system that will funnel these disenfranchised youth into our prison system so they can work for corporations (that promise us money) for damn near free
- The US Government: If they don't want to fall victim to this system, then they can seek higher education
- The US Government: Except such an education will be inaccessible to most disenfranchised people and skewed in favor of the financially stable and white people
- The US Government: And we're not going to make intervention programs like sex education and conflict resolution federally mandatory, because that's the parent's job
- The US Government: The parent who is working 16 hours a day